Well, this week’s Nintendo Direct just wrapped up, and it wasn’t too bad! We got some exciting details on Yoshi, Diablo, Final Fantasy, and everything in between! In case you missed it, you can watch the direct below, or read through our full recap for the highlights. Let’s-a-go!
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 is coming to Switch next year! It’s still in development and doesn’t have an official title yet, but the green HD ghosts look great!
- Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn, a port of the classic Wii game, is coming out next year. It comes with a few new features, like additional power-ups and a harder “devilish mode.”
- Luigi’s Mansion (the original one) has a release date of October 12 for 3DS
- Splatoon 2 version 4 was announced. It’ll include a bunch of new weapons, gear, and a new mode titled “100x battle.” Not too many details were given, other than to go to https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/ for more info.
- A new update for Mario Tennis Aces will add in newcomers Birdo, Koopa Paratroopa, Petey Piranha, and Shy Guy. It will also come with a new mode called co-op challenge where you can team up with pals to take on cooperative tennis combat matches. It’s coming September 19.
- The Capcom Beat’em up Bundle includes classic Capcom beat-em-ups like Final Fight and Knights of the Round. It’s landing on Switch September 18.
- Like Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze before it, the Wii U side-scroller New Super Mario Bros U will be making its way over to Switch in the form of New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, complete with a playable Toadette, Nabbit, and with New Super Luigi U packed in. They both hop on Switch on January 11.
- Nintendo Switch Online finally got its grand (albeit lackluster) reveal. You’ll have to subscribe to the online service if you want to play any of your Switch games online. If you buy into the infrastructure when it rolls out later this month on the 19th, you’ll be able to play NES games like Super Mario Bros 3 and The Legend of Zelda online with your friends. Also, once you subscribe, most of your Switch games will support cloud saves, so you won’t have to worry about potentially losing game save data. Other than that, there’s not much else that was announced – just a functional online network.
- Alongside the online system’s launch, you can buy a pair of NES-style controllers to go with the online NES library. They attach onto the side of the Switch (like Joy-con) for charging.
- The hit Blizzard RPG Diablo 3 got a Switch launch date for November 2nd.
- Game Freak, the developers for Pokémon, are developing an RPG with the working title Town. It appears to have an art style similar to Nino Kuni, and it should be coming out sometime 2019.
- Hit city-management game Cities: Skylines is on Switch today!
- Daemon X Machina got a neat new highlight trailer, showing off some of the mech suit mechanics and upgrade abilities. Coming 2019.
- Last E3’s Yoshi game got a final title: Yoshi’s Crafted World. It doesn’t look too different from what we saw last year, but at least we now know it’s coming in spring of next year.
- Asmodee Digital is aiming to bring some classic board games to the Switch. Starting March 2019, you can download board and card games like Carcassone and Pandemic, with incredibly popular strategy game Catan coming later down the line.
- Warframe is landing on Switch November 20
- Team Sonic Racing is set to come out this winter.
- There was a whole slew of Final Fantasy-related announcements.
Here are all the Final Fantasy games coming to Switch.
- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition is coming 2019
- Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD is out now!
- World of Final Fantasy Maxima comes out November 9th
- Chocobo Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY! will arrive winter.
- Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age is set to release 2019
- Final Fantasy VII, IX, and X | X2 Remaster are all coming out 2019.
- A new Switch console bundle including a Smash Bros-themed dock, joycon, and a pre-order of Super Smash Bros Ultimate will release on November 2nd.
- Isabelle from Animal Crossing is a confirmed character in Super Smash Bros Ultimate!
- And to cap it all off, good ol’ Tom Nook leaves us with a message, saying that he’ll be preparing for another Animal Crossing Switch game in 2019.
What was your favorite part of the Direct? Let us know!