MAY DAY IS HERE!
Another new month, another new event in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. From May 1st to May 7th. the May Day Event will be taking place. There are a few things players should know about when entering May in New Horizons, so this list should help.
New Bugs And Fish Arriving For May
Every month in New Horizons are variety of fish and bugs enter the scene, whilst some also leave. So, here is the new fish you should be on the look out for this month.
New Fish Arriving For May
(Image Source: Sky)
- Rainbow Fish – Available until November – 4PM – 9AM – Can be found in river water – Sells for 3000
- Betta – Available until November – 9AM – 4PM – Can be found in river water – Sells for 2500
- Catfish – Available until October – 4PM – 9AM – Can be found in pond water – Sells for 800
- Frog – Available until August – 24/7 – Can be found in pond water – Sells for 120
- Nibble Fish – May until September – 9AM – 4PM – Can be found in river water – Sells for 1500
- Mahi-Mahi – May until October – 24/7 – Can be found in pier water – Sells for 6000
- Giant Trevally – May until October – 24/7 – Can be found in pier water – Sells for 6000
- Anglefish – May until October – Mornings, Evenings and Nights – Can be found in river water – Sells for 3000 bells
New Bugs Arriving For May
(Image source: Lycheemochi)
- Scorpion – May until October – 7PM – 4AM – Can be found on land – Sells for 8000
- Queen Alexandra’s Birdwing – May until September – 8AM – 4PM – Can be found flying – Sells for 4000
- Banded Dragonfly – May until October – 8AM – 5PM – Can be found flying – Sells for 4500
- Great Purple Emperor – May until August – 4AM – 7PM – Can be found flying – Sells for 3000
- Rosalia Batesa Beetle – May until September – 24/7 – Can be found on tree stumps – Sells for 3000
- Diving Beetle – May until September – 8AM – 7PM – Can be found on top of ponds & rivers – Sells for 800
- Pondskater – May until September – 8AM – 7PM – Can be found on top of ponds & Rivers – 130
- Violin Beetle – May until June – 24/7 – Can be found on tree stumps – Sells for 450
May Day Event Begins!
Starting today on May 1st until May 7th, the May Day Event will be taking place on your island. Make sure you update your copy of the game to ensure you can gain access to this new event.
In this event, you can most notably visit a special, one-time Maze Island. This island will consist of a maze, that if you can solve, you will meet a special someone… Rover! To get to this island just speak with Tom Nook and then depart for this special island via the airport. This maze can be visited once per day by players until the 7th. Note that once you arrive on the island your inventory and items will be wiped clean, and you must get through the maze, obtaining items to get to Rover.
Upon getting to Rover, he will give you a reward, which is his briefcase. Around the island there will also be hidden bell vouchers, nine in total. If you wish to reset your island, then just contact the Resident Service Rescue on your NookPhone.
So, there you have it, that is all the news regarding what has arrived on Animal Crossing: New Horizons for May. The next upcoming event is International Museum Day, which will be covered asap on Culture of Gaming. If you’d like to read more Animal Crossing related content at Culture of Gaming, feel free to check out our post on why the mainstream media hates Animal Crossing!
As always, thanks for reading COG! Let us know about your May Day exploits in the comments or on Twitter @thecognetwork. Happy hunting!
This article is brought to you by Performance Lab,
Performance Lab® curates today’s best research-backed nutrition technologies, including:
- NutriGenesis® lab-cultured vitamins, minerals and aminos: Cofactor-enhanced for superior absorption.
- A bioengineered 2-in-1 sport carb: Absorbs fast like simple carbs, sustains 2+ hours like complex carbs.
- Curcumin enhanced with technology that makes it 46X more absorbable than turmeric curcumin.
- The first vegan protein powder clinically shown to build muscle as effectively as whey protein.
- Patented CoQ10 that extends cell energy for 24+ hours and doubles blood CoQ10 levels in 3 weeks.
- NutriCaps® prebiotic-infused vegan capsules and NutriGels®, the world’s first vegan softgels.