Can you identify these 20 classic RPG’s from a single screenshot?
The earliest role-playing video games can be traced back as far as 1975 with several titles that were created for the PLATO Computer System. The blandly titled ‘dnd’ (a simple computer adaptation of pen and paper RPG Dungeons & Dragons) being considered the very first. It featured an enemy named the Golden Dragon which is the earliest example of a Boss Battle. For this weeks special quiz, we’ll test your knowledge of classic RPG’s. So, here are 20 classic RPG’s for you to identify, can you do so with nothing more than a single screenshot and a little clue?
1. Following the success of its predecessor the developers of this RPG opted for a more realistic art style and overhauled the combat system making it one of the more polarising entries in a long running series.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by David White (see all)
- Can you identify these 20 classic RPG’s from a single screenshot? - March 12, 2018
- Can you identify these 20 video game consoles from just their controller? - February 24, 2018
- Can you identify these 20 classic arcade games from a single screenshot? - February 17, 2018
- This Week In Video Game History - January 17, 2018