Activision recently released details regarding Call of Duty Mobile‘s Battle Royale mode. This mode will share some similarities with Call of Duty Black Ops 4’s Blackout. However, Activision stated that it would offer an experience unique to Call of Duty Mobile. Here are some of the mode’s features:
- Up to 100 players on a Battle Royale map.
- Single, Two-person, or Four-person playlists (currently being playtested).
- Possibility to choose from six initial classes, each one of those with its unique ability and skill.
- Rules similar to Black Ops 4’s Blackout where the player has to drop from above, find equipment and weapons, and survive until becoming the last man standing.
- Possibility to revive teammates by retrieving dog tags, letting your healed friends drop from a cargo plane.
- Third- person or first-person perspective available to be chosen before the match starts.
- The big map features new locations and more than a dozen settings from the previous Call of Duty titles, like Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, and Call of Duty: Black Ops and Black Ops 2.
It’s worth noting that Call of Duty Mobile is still early in development and this information is subject to change.
Before each match, the player has to select from many loadout elements such as camos, skins, and classes. There are six starting classes, and all differ from one another. And those are:
- Defender. This class allows placement of a Transform Shield. It’s also Reinforced, meaning the resistance to all damage except bullets is higher.
- Mechanic. Able to call an EMP Drone, and equipped with the Engineer ability that augments sight to vehicles, hostile traps, and other equipment.
- Scout. This class has the Sensor Dart that allows seeing hostiles positions in the immediate area of the radar map. It also benefits from the Tracker ability that helps the players to see fresh footprints of hostiles.
- Clown. This class has a Toy Bomb that summons zombies that attack hostiles nearby. It also has the Anti-Zombie ability that reduces the zombies’ aggression distance.
- Medic. It can place a Medical Station that heals the player and the teammates in the vicinity. Plus, the Master Healer ability allows to revive teammates faster and the Medic to heal quicker.
- Ninja. This class has a hook-firing Grapple Gun that allows the player to move fast toward building or across the landscape. The Ninja class can also count on the Dead Silence ability that makes its movements quieter.
Then, the match starts. The players have to parachute in the map and start scavenging in search of weapons, health kits, and other equipment. Avoiding the roaming zombies and preparation are vital to the survival of your team and eliminating all other players will assure victory.
The game automatically gathers the best equipment, but the player can still grab and utilize with ease any item. Also, doors open automatically as the player steps to them, and it’s possible to smash through windows, and climb ladders.
After clearing an area of zombies, supply crates can be expected to be dropped from above as well as beacons marking the position of Class Upgrade items.
To navigate the map, the players will also have the chance to drive four controllable vehicles:
- ATV. A two-person quad-bike with speed but little protection.
- Light Helicopter. Allows you to rain down fire from above, and have space for three players, including the pilot.
- SUV. It is a heavier vehicle than the ATV that moves slower but offers more protection. It has room for four players.
- Tactical Raft. A fast boat that allows moving quickly on water but offers inadequate protection, especially from snipers.
The first limited-scale closed beta began recently in India and a second beta will arrive soon in Australia. More territories will come online in the coming months.
Also, pre-registration for Call of Duty Mobile is now open in selected regions. And if you want to know more, you can check out Activision‘s full blog post.
So, are you interested in playing Call of Duty Mobile? Let us know in the comments below! For other news, check out our articles on Dead Island 2 Is Still in Development After Many Years or Pokémon GO Adds New Lure Items. And if you want more Call of Duty content, keep it here on Culture of Gaming!
Wanting to pick up the latest games at reduced prices? Or, are you wanting insane deals on most AAA and indie titles on PC? Well, we have you covered! Green Man Gaming is a great place for you to pick up the latest and greatest games. Currently, there is an awesome Horror Bundle available. Check it out right HERE
I’m an Italian guy who likes talking and writing about video games. When I’m not involved in videogames, you can find me practicing handstands (with mediocre results), or lifting hay bales on my tiny, little farm.